Saturday, June 19, 2010

Home and Away

If you're in Manchester this week I'd recommend the launch of new books from my friends at If P Then Q, in Odder bar, opposite the BBC, listen to and buy new work by Lucy Harvest Clarke, Geoff Huth, Joy as Tiresome Vandalism and Tom Jenks. Tastefully scheduled to offer avant garde poetry solace or celebration following Eng-er-land's final group game against Slovenia. I'm not that hot on Slovenian poetry, so lets hope England play Joe Cole and achieve a little bit better with the rhythm and metaphor than last night against Algeria. Luckily, there's a crack in the (Dr. Who) universe, and any memories of that game have already slipped through it.

However, I've an away fixture this week as I'll be meeting with friends old and new at Writers Centre Norwich's Worlds Literary Festival. I'm looking forward to hearing some fascinating readings and having some great conversations. Like last year, I'm intending to be blogging from the festival, and will link to any posts from here.

No comments: